Mission / Vision / Values
In the inner city, if you can't touch it, you can't use it; if it doesn't help you survive — then it isn't real. Don't talk about "hope" unless you can demonstrate it.
That's why Cru®1 partners with inner-city churches that are committed to ministering to the whole person — body, mind, and spirit.
We serve and mobilize the church to live out God's heart for the poor, so all can grow in Christ to build spiritual movements everywhere.
We envision cities transformed by the hope and justice of the gospel.
- Christ-centered — Start, stay and end with Christ in all we do
- City-focused — Minister to the poor in the city
- Church-based Partnerships — Work with churches and ministries in healthy relationships
- Wholistic — Commit to the transformation of the whole person
- Biblical justice and mercy — Live out God's heart for the poor and oppressed
- Leadership development — Invest in the growth of leaders
- Diversity — Learn from and celebrate all ethnicities, cultures and classes
- Equipping — Offer resources to the body of Christ for evangelism and discipleship
- Transferable — Design resources and strategies that equip people to equip others
Our Strategy Explained in 3 Minutes:
"... if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings." Isaiah 58:10-12 NIV
1 In 2013 Here's Life Inner City® changed its name to Cru to better express what is has always been — a member of Cru — a part of a worldwide, caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ.